Design / Prototyping
Design and Prototype Information
Design services encompass sketches, photos of "kind-of-like" products, and ideas/input from the inventor, which are pulled together to produce a 3-D rendering. In this service, our engineers utilize our 3-D CAD system. This enables the inventor to see the idea on a screen and gives one the ability to tweak the design immediately. After going through the design service process, the product will be ready for production.
Prototype services produce either full size or scale models of the desired product. These services can be visual only, functional only, or both. This service will produce drawings, models or even first articles prior to a production run. In requests for prototyping, we utilize our 3-D printing equipment, which converts the rendering to a solid object made of plastic.
This is only a guideline, your particular customization will be assessed and an estimate will be given to you before any work begins. Fees are calculated on an hourly rate for the personnel engaged on the project. Upon acceptance of estimate a 50% deposit is due.
Consulting : $150/Per Hour
Engineering/Design : $250/Per Hour
Machining : $125/Per Hour
When contacting us please include the following information in your email so we can better serve you.
- Your full name, shop name (if applicable), email address and phone number.
- What industry is this item to be used in or for:
(Agriculture, Aerospace, Electronics, Transportation, Etc…)
- Please let us know which of the following services you are interested in:
- Concept to Design/Functional Specifications: Take your idea and come up with specifications for your idea.
- Design: The creation of your idea into a 2D and 3D CAD drawing from your specifications.
- 3D Print: A Plastic model of your idea, which can be made in various sizes.
- Manufacturing Prototype: A completed item to your specifications.
- Functional Requirements
(What are your needs?)
- Intended Purpose of Item